Saturday, March 30, 2013

Season of rebirth

He lifted his head to meet her continual licks.  She knew what to do, and had probably done this natural and maternal instinct many times before.  But I caught a glimpse of this precious beginning as I was going about 65, well maybe plus one or two, miles per hour north headed to Billings.  She was a lone cow in a pasture close to the highway, and there he was too.  Birth on a spring day in a pasture-simply sweet yet complex, soft and quiet yet rough while trucks, trains, and cars sped alongside.  The symbolic meaning of Good Friday came to me as I witnessed this moment. 

How many times have we speed by the chance at seeing 'wholey' or 'holy' the true vision of birth or the act of rebirth daily.  Here in a pasture every spring a calf is born-the miracle, the celebration, the life, the rebirth every year, and we-that'd be us two-legged sorts-are given daily, hourly, minutely, secondly the opportunity of rebirth in Jesus.   He has Risen for us this Easter weekend.
This picture was the closest I could find on google it's from http://theheritagefarm.me/